Physiotherapy for Ano-Rectal Disorders
(2.5 day course)
Pre-requisite: (Entry Level) course in uro-gynecology, The Physical therapy approach to female urinary incontinence (or equivalent)
There is a large amount of work to be done by physiotherapists in the field of ano-rectal disorders. Patients suffering anal incontinence, evacuation difficulties, and various pathological and post-traumatic conditions can benefit from our help, through education, pelvic floor and global retraining, rectal re-education techniques and behavioral modification.
This course is given over 2.5 days, and includes theoretical and practical sessions as well as a revision of the pelvic floor evaluation procedure.
|Claudia Brown M. Sc. (P.T.)||Marie-Josée Lord B. Sc. (P.T.)|
Claudia Brown and Marie-Josée Lord have been successfully treating patients affected with pelvic floor dysfunction for more than 30 years. Having studied and worked with kinesitherapists in Europe, they started Physiotherapie Uro-Sante more than 25 years ago, a teaching company, and have trained physiotherapists across Canada in the field of pelvi-perineal re-education.
- Be adept at performing a clinical evaluation of the pelvic floor and related structures
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the lower digestive tract
- Be able to describe diverse pathologies that lead to ano-rectal disorders
- Be aware of various investigation procedures for ano-rectal disorders
- Be able to describe related medical and dietetic approaches
- Be able to perform a physiotherapeutic evaluation for patients with ano-rectal disorders
- Be able to establish realistic goals of physiotherapy treatment and to devise a complete treatment plan
- Understand how to adapt the treatment plan and approach according to the individual and his particular progression
Day 1, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Day 2, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Day 3, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm